Our industry is currently experiencing unprecedented innovation thanks to advances in big-data analytics, distributed super-computing and real-time cloud services. Willis Towers Watson continuously strives to be at the forefront of this revolution with its Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) business. Now is therefore the perfect opportunity to become part of ICT and join a global and growing organisation. We are developing world-class leading-edge risk analytics solutions and financial modelling software which enables over 1,000 major insurance clients worldwide as well as many of the largest financial services companies.
How do insurance companies manage risks when the future is unpredictable? How do they ensure they have enough resources to cover potential losses and prepare for various uncertainties? The answer is to develop financial models using our world leading modelling software. These models are time critical but computationally very intensive requiring huge amounts of compute power and may generate terabytes of data, and so every bit of performance and optimisations count.
Does solving challenging problems and finding innovative solutions excite you?
Do you want to work for a company with strong values and ethics? We embody principles such as inclusion, diversity and social responsibility.
Do you enjoy collaborating with various stakeholders while working with a highly talented and outcome driven team?
Does this sound like a team you want to be part of? Then we are looking for a hands on experienced senior cloud software engineer to join our friendly, agile teams based in Reigate, UK. The Role
- Work alongside the lead architect to guide common architecture with the software engineering teams, working closely with product teams and stakeholders, articulating client requirements, understand non-functional requirements and refine, groom and convert them to user stories
- Liaise with stakeholders as well as other Engineering teams in cross collaborative architecture, designs and development in the Cloud and SaaS space. Recommend and present suitable, high-performance solutions targeting Azure and on-premise infrastructures
- Define and document systems architectures
- Conduct PoC's using the latest technologies and present the findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong experience architecting, developing, implementing and tuning cloud-based SaaS solutions, especially on Azure. AWS is also highly regarded
- Experience in Kubernetes, docker and microservice development / development experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to design and document Architecture decisions
- Experience developing high-performance, scalable and extensible software
- Ability to do quick POC on latest technology and ability to present the findings to different audience.
- Experience with Ingress Solutions such as CloudFlare, Azure Front Door
- Experience with IAM, Authentication / Authorisation
- Experience with Security best practices
- Degree-educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent industry experience
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.