At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We're a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform - whenever and however it's convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit - with teams in Amsterdam, London, and Shanghai - develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process. That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travelers and partners.
We are looking for sharp, talented and energetic senior project managers. As a FinTech Senior Project Manager, you bring together teams from across the company to deliver on initiatives in payments and FinTech. What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Apply structured methodology to and lead project/change management activities
- Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Lead independently medium complexity projects with global impact (cross-functional) driving them through execution, analysis, recommendation and implementation
- Engage and influence stakeholders inside and if required outside of the organization: work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and partner on segment or functional strategy projects
- Drive the Project scoping and Planning by helping to document the project goal, KPIs, roadmap and main deliverables
- Track and report progress; Communicate project insights and recommendations across all stakeholders
- Ensure a project closing and correct handover to Business as usual
- Ability to work and productively interact with different stakeholders up to Director level
- Apply change management processes and tools as needed to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
In return, we'll provide:
- A Bachelor degree
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in FinTech industry
- Solid familiarity with project/change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- With limited supervision, ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships (both within a team and with wider stakeholders)
- Ability to work effectively and influence up to Director Level
- Effectively communicate in small/medium groups; Strong influencer in 1:1 and small groups
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations and under pressure
- PMP or Agile Project Management or equivalent certification is preferred
- Basic business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative solutions
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive. Pre-Employment Screening:
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.