Reporting to a Senior Platform Analyst, this is an entry level position in the Technology Operations Centre where individuals will be trained and mentored to provide monitoring and technical support across Discovery's extensive suite of Live events. The role will initially involve eyes on glass monitoring of the live sporting events broadcast across Discovery's digital propositions. The junior analyst will be provided training in incident management, triage skills and insight into digital content delivery in a global environment. Responsibilities
- Provide eyes on glass monitoring support during live events, aired on Discovery's Direct To Consumer propositions.
- Provide Triage support by interrogating systems.
- Escalate incidents to analysts/ senior analysts, for further investigation.
- Issue communications to business users in the event of an incident.
- In conjuction with an analyst, undertake pre-live checks of systems/ metadata to ensure all is in oder before a live event.
- Provide daily incident status reporting to business users.
- Update department support documentation (Knowledge base, run book) promptly to reflect all changes.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Previous experience in digital broadcast media.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
- Education - Preferred Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business
- Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening, weekend, and overnight shifts.
- Nice to Have - Multilingual, ideally some understanding of European languages.