The Market Security Group is a centralised function within Willis Towers Watson undertaking detailed financial and non-financial assessments of the 3,500 insurers with which Willis Towers Watson works globally.
We are a team of 50 individuals, including 23 dedicated analysts who have developed specialised skills in research, financial analysis and report writing. As well as assessing the financial strength of each insurer, a significant amount of effort is dedicated to understanding the factors and influences (such as economic crises, political events and natural disasters), that have an impact on them. Through our analyses, the team gets visibility of insurance markets in diverse territories. The Role
The role requires the Financial Insurance Analyst to carry out financial and non-financial research on insurers; to interpret and analyse the findings of that research; and to deliver a summary of the analysis, predominantly in written reports, but with some verbal presentation.
We are looking for people, at all levels of experience, with the attributes that would enable them to develop the specialist knowledge and skills that the role requires.
The Requirements Essential
- The Financial Analyst will be trained to:Analyse and interpret insurers' financial statements
- Analyse the markets in which insurers operate, including building an understanding of the regulatory, political, and economic forces that can impact an insurer
- Produce written reports for clients of Willis Towers Watson, summarising research findings and detailing key market developments
- Produce reports, with recommendations, to be verbally presented to our internal Security Committee
- Support clients through ad-hoc research into developing market issues
- Work closely with the output of global
Advantageous, but not essential
- A strong desire to learn and commit to an ongoing training process
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyse, and act upon information
- Numerically proficient
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented, with ability to maintain accuracy
- The ability to manage own workload by handling multiple priorities, whilst complying with deadlines
- Work well independently and as an integral part of a team
- IT literate - knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed
Equal Opportunity Employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- An understanding of financial and accounting basics
- An understanding of the principles of insurance
- A second language
- Relevant work experience