We have roles available in the UK across a number of locations including Worthing, Telford, Southend, London (Holborn), Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle. Capgemini supports flexible and home working, but we are looking for people who are able to travel to client sites, are flexible in terms of assignment location and are prepared to stay away from home if required.
An overview of the role
We require SAP technical/solution architects who have the experience & ability to operate across multiple technology and business domains. You should thrive on variety and enjoy working across the full lifecycle of a project. Our SAP architects generally operate as technical leads within a project or programme team from the onset of solution design and development through to final delivery and support in Live Service. As part of the overall end to end delivery, our SAP architects often support the development of commercial proposals and additionally will own the technical solution governance at all stages.
As a SAP architect, you will have responsibility for the ownership of the technical solution design through the delivery phases, be responsible for working through the technical challenges and decisions in partnership with the functional leads as well as project and engagement management communities to safely deliver the solution into Live operation. You will be responsible for the design and ensuring that it leverages the SAP product capabilities to meet the clients stated strategic requirements.
We expect our SAP architects to have experience of a wide range of SAP technologies and non-SAP technologies including key SAP strategic products, SAP Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings, partner products to SAP, public and private cloud solutions, best practices and general ways of working. This experience is essential to influence and advise on the most appropriate solution options and to be highly credible with both our clients and senior internal stakeholders.
Here are some of the key activities of the role:
• Take ownership of the client requirements, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, industry and SAP solution best practices and to maintain consistency with clients' Architecture vision
• Successfully manage to the agreed technical scope during the project and take ownership of architectural solutions and non-functional requirements based on the client's requirements
• Produce clear architectural artifacts, including landscape designs, system sizing and a well-managed RAID log
• Solution design in a highly integrated, API driven estate with both strategic and legacy components at high volumes
• Apply large scale SAP Architecture experience (including ERP, Portal, and PI) for SAP system sizing and landscape design, delivering to client Non-Functional Requirements. Providing clarity in the mitigation of the impact of the design on the clients existing solutions.
• Drive the solution development and documentation of solution designs ensuring good architectural practices are observed through the lifecycle of the solution development
• Provide oversight of architectural direction for and on behalf of our clients
• Working with agile development teams and delivery architects through all phases of the solution lifecycle
• Take ownership of the solutions and be the face off to our internal and external senior stakeholders
• Develop excellent working relationships with our clients to become their trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
• Relationship management of the technical relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Capgemini
• Ensure SAP technical delivery is performed according to agreed specification
• Own technical problem management and resolution relevant to the SAP architecture and solution development
Why this role?
As a Capgemini SAP Architect you will be assigned to the Capgemini HMRC Market Unit working within the SAP delivery centre, for our major Public Sector clients. The team has varied and broad skills and strengths spanning SAP Business/Functional Architecture in early lifecycle engagements through to delivery. The Capgemini HMRC MU SAP Architecture team are part of the wider Architecture Group, that have a strong network Solution Architects with deep technical backgrounds in cloud technologies, software architecture & design, micro-services, platform deployment and application migration. These technology skills are combined with customer facing skills and experience, commercial acumen and a proven delivery track record.
• Deep understanding of high-volume architectural and technical SAP solutions (including ECC, Portal and PI)
• High-level of understanding of Non-Functional Requirements and clarity in the mitigation of their impact on SAP solutions
• Experience of client facing roles
• Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular for problem solving/troubleshooting activities
• Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients' longer-term strategy
• Team working - able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
• Good leadership and stakeholder relationship skills
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Ability to deliver under pressure
• Self-motivated and determined to succeed
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in own area, can apply it effectively and able to apply logic across the board
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to integrate 3rd party products into complex IT estates, manage interdependencies between products and lead end to end delivery in potentially multi-supplier engagements
• A drive to deliver results and exceed client expectations
• Clear thinking and creative thinking in designs
While we're a global consultancy, we're made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and Development
There's an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you'll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another - collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.