The job on offer
Here at Capgemini our Business and Technology Solutions business unit support our clients through large scale transformations, enabled by brilliant technology solutions. We want the very best for our clients, and we know that the technology we implement can help them achieve great things. This is why we are looking to recruit established and motivated PMO Lead's to join us and be part of this journey. We are looking for people who love building great relationships with clients, and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. Coming to work with us means using the right change management techniques to guide our clients through a seamless programme of activity which ensures the smooth running of our technology-enabled transformation projects.
- As the person responsible for the management of our programme office, you'll have a handle on all elements of the programme, from project management support and control, risk and issue management and the necessary financial controls.
- You'll ensure the smooth running of the end to end programme through working flexibly across the following areas:
- Project management support; including change management, risk and issue management, reporting, status tracking, and project reporting. You'll do all of these using tools such as Clarity & Open Workbench and MS Project.
- Project financial management - tracking of budgets and costs
- Compliance - ensuring that the programme meets the standards we expect within Capgemini
- Provision of standard documents and tools
- A strong track record of successful delivery in PMO roles within an IT and Business Change environment.
- A background in consultancy or professional services delivery would be advantageous though not essential.
- A deep understanding of the impact PMO has on good project and programme management.
- Brilliant communications and interpersonal skills which you'll use to relate to clients to help them to understand what PMO can offer to them.
- Demonstrable experience in starting up a small PMO or elements of a larger PMO or in rescuing an underperforming PMO.
- Proven capability to lead junior PMO team members and to guide/mentor their development by building supportive and productive team relationships.
- A strong and enduring desire to further your own personal development through studying for ISEB qualifications in PPSO.
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
'Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com' This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.