The Job On Offer
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
You will be developing and delivering some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients.
This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns.
With a demonstrable agile mind-set and approach, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology.
• Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
• Act as a designer, developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
• Take ownership of components and ensure that they are built to agreed standards and on time
• Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
What you'll bring:
Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
• Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
• Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging)
• Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
We're also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
• Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
• JAX-RS for REST APIs
• Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
• Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD)
CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
• Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
• Wiremock and other distributed-systems testing utilities
• Activiti or other JBPMN
• Rules Engine e.g. Drools
• JIRA / Confluence
• Developing using Vagrant VMs
Why Capgemini Is Unique
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions.
For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you.
If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality.
Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance.
Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get The Future You Want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask.
But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts.
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.
It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses.
And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want.
And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.