The job on offer
Since 2015, our Digital Delivery Centre has been fulfilling the government's 'Digital by Default' ambitions. It's about making the digital world a natural place for people to go whenever they want to access public services.
We code in the open, use Mac or Linux and you may use your own equipment. In just 4 years, this dedicated centre, in a quiet, clean-air location close to the beach, gym and shops with an on-site rail station and large car park, has experienced a rapid growth of over 100%.
We work on a client site alongside our client. We need Scala Developers to join us and be part of this exciting & growing Centre covering all experience levels, from those looking for their first change in their careers to experienced developers looking to lead larger pieces of work.
You'll develop software in a highly collaborative, informal environment without undue paperwork or deployment restrictions with a good work-life balance in a sociable, happy, fun atmosphere. You'll be a valued member of a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum Team, and involved in all aspects of development including service design using microservices, coding, testing and a degree of maintenance and support. Your focus will be on delivering well tested software with assistance from your team-dedicated Quality Assurance/Tester(s).
- Use Scala, JSON, Mongo, CI tooling, one-button deploy to AWS Cloud with a DevOps mentality.
- Work from Jira tickets with defined goals & test criteria implementing RESTful microservices.
- Build and maintain digital services within an agile Kanban or Sprint environment.
- Adhere to Government GDS design standards with services that meet well-defined User Needs.
- Have input on the Design, Jira tickets, priorities & test strategies as the team works as one self-managed unit without undue interference.
- Innovate, contribute, and support junior colleagues; we encourage mentoring at all levels.
- Commercial experience in programming in Scala.
- An understanding of web/agile technologies and RESTful protocols.
- Ideally, an understanding of automated web testing solutions.
- Ideally, knowledge of relational or NoSQL database systems such as Mongo.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask.
But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. .
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.
It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses.
And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want.
And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology.
The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future.
It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries.
With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms.
The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.