Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
Fitch Solutions, the global leader in emerging markets analysis, is interested in hearing from commercially-minded and high-calibre graduates as we look to expand our Country Risk & Industry Research (CRIR) team in Manchester.
The CRIR team uses its expertise across political, economic and industry risk to deliver comprehensive analysis and strategic insight to the world's top corporates, financial institutions and policymakers. This enables our clients to understand the full range of risks and opportunities relevant to their operations.
Our analysts produce in-depth data and research for over 200 markets and 22 industries. Further details can be found here: https://www.fitchsolutions.com/products/country-risk-and-industry-research Analyst Role and Responsibilities:
- Contributing analytical research on a daily basis on political, economic and sector risk, primarily through articles, reports but also through webinars and client interaction
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing analysis and reports assessing risks and opportunities, and creating 10-year forecasts
- Collaborating with country risk, financial market and industry analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis
- Helping to shape the Fitch Solutions CRIR team's global industry/country risk views and integrating views on the global/regional economy and individual sectors.
- Overseeing key sector developments and identifying value-added multi-asset investment themes
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business
We are looking for individuals with a strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter. You will need to show interest in the global economy, a basic understanding of macro principles, knowledge of financial markets (plus interest in forecasting) and familiarity with world affairs. An ambition and a desire to learn and continue to develop as an analyst from day one is essential.
- Previous professional experience in analysis and research would be valued
- Fluent English writing style
- Strong communication skills to liaise with a global team spread across offices
- Genuine interest in world affairs, international business, emerging markets and financial markets
- Attention to detail
- Degree in economics, international relations, finance or related subject matter
- Postgraduate degree
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Working proficiency in other languages
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.