Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice. Capgemini requires our employees to be geographically mobile and to be able to travel to customer site to perform our jobs.
Who you'll be working with
The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms. We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP.
We continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong Azure Solution Architects who are passionate and focused on data solutions and Microsoft technology and who ideally have skills in many of the following areas:
• Partners with other solution architects to assess solution alignment to the overall architectural blueprint - and drive proposal writing, solution direction, pricing and costing
• Helps define the performance goals and metrics for the proposed solution
• Understands the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the solution
• Owns Solution Development as liaison between Sales and Delivery teams. Serve as technical liaison between Sales team, Clients, Delivery & support teams up to and including Contract negotiations
• Cooperate with sales team to formulate / execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
• Have experience of designing architecture for data focused Microsoft Azure projects
• Working on Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS, specifically: App Services, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, Storage, Synapse Analytics, Purview, Databricks, Azure data Factory, Azure data lake
• Understand which Azure data focused components to use for which purpose
• Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams; Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences at different levels of organizations.
• Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
• Estimating effort for data focused projects
• Understanding and designing delivery approach such as Agile, Waterfall
• Knowledge of automation tooling such as Azure DevOps to facilitate CI/CD approaches to IaC
• Knowledge of other Cloud Platforms such as AWS and GCP
• Relevant certifications
• Knowledge of IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing
• Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative data platform, for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why were different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.