The job on offer
Working within Capgemini's Highland based UK Security Operations Team forming part of the Company's Global Cybersecurity Unit, you will be working to protect our clients IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT).
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini's clients are increasingly conscious of the need to protect their systems and data.
The Highland Security Operations Centre has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe. In this role you will have the chance to develop a career which in the future could see you working in areas such as Protective Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics and Identity & Access Management.
The HSOC is spread across two sites, Inverness and Nairn, however whilst some opportunity to work from the Nairn office does exist, all training will be done in Inverness.
The role of Security analyst involves supporting multiple clients within the Security Operations Centre. You will be providing first contact for incoming alerts, incidents and requests. Working to defined processes you will be expected to help conduct incident triage, document all actions and implement relevant remediation steps.
Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide first contact for all incoming alerts, calls and tickets
- Adhere to client SOPs in given services to assess and triage security incidents and alerts
- Monitor various security technologies and implement security measures or escalations as necessary
- Prepare reports using various sources of data
- Review and promote improvement across the service
- Update your knowledge by participating in training opportunities and research latest information security trends
The role is full time based on a 37.5 hour week. Dependant on exact position the successful applicant will be required to work either:
A shift pattern that spans 08:00 to 18:00 Mondays to Fridays.
24 x 7 shift pattern with 12 hour shifts covering day shift 07:00 to 19:00 and night shift 19:00 to 07:00 Monday through to Sunday.
The right mind-set, attitude and a desire to succeed are the main qualities we are looking for. Some relevant technical experience is useful, but not essential as training will be provided where needed.
You will have an analytical mind with skills essential for security investigation and management work including:
- The ability to spot and asses security risk wherever it may exist
- An enquiring mind that does not necessarily accept things at face value
- Excellent decision making skills
- The ability analyse a situation and identify the best course of action
- A basic understanding of security threats and compromise methods would be useful as would some basic understanding of server, client and network technologies
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- SC Cleared or eligible (if not already cleared this requirement will be included in probation requirements).
- Security threats and compromise methods
- Microsoft server and client technologies
- Common network technologies
- Defensive security tools.
- Practical knowledge of defensive security tools such as:
- Intrusion Detection/Protection systems.
- End point security solutions.
- Vulnerability scanning tools.
- The use of SIEM platforms.
- Working in an IT outsource environment
- Working in an IT service desk environment
Why Capgemini is unique
- We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
- At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.