We are looking for an Account Director to join our Infrastructure Sector Practice (ISP) in the UK. The Infrastructure Sector Practice is located across the UK in London, Ipswich and Edinburgh. We provide advisory and transactional services to support clients throughout the project/asset lifecycle; from supporting the bid stage, construction and operation phases through to decommissioning and disposal. The role could be based in any of these offices.
We are now looking for a person to join our team with strong background and knowledge of Green Energy and/or Infrastructure insurance.The Role
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and prospects with accountability for retention of clients and new business development. The successful candidate will manage and develop the client relationships and grow the portfolio; provide the technical, industry and subject matter expertise required to deliver the service; responsible for targeting and converting prospects.
- Ultimate responsibility for the provision of the required services to the client
- Understand the clients' business and their risk management needs and look for solutions to deliver those needs through the provision of ongoing service
- Identify primary budget holders and decision makers within clients, establish and maintain active relationships with these people
- Provide technical, industry and subject matter expertise where required (nationally in UK and overseas)
- Draw on expertise within specialist technical teams within the BU and across the Group for clients as required
- Determine appropriate solutions, structure, price and placement strategies that meet the clients' needs and deliver profitable business for a range of clients
- Grow existing portfolio by identifying new from existing opportunities
- Lead (not line manage) supporting service team
- Maintain effective working relationships with Claims Advocates to effectively deliver clients' needs
- Business Development: To actively drive the sales process in relation to winning, retaining and developing profitable new clients
- Placement Management: To deliver optimisation of revenue from new and existing clients using the full range of appropriate placement channels and
- Operational and Service Delivery: To lead and deliver the end to end ongoing client service, adhering to standardised policies, procedures and service standards
We put great emphasis on your personal characteristics.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
- We are looking for someone with infrastructure insurance experience, especially for project financed investments and for investor clients on a portfolio basis
- Experience of insurance within contracts, especially PFI/PPP type and Lender requirements for insurance.
- Insurance market knowledge in order to deal effectively with clients' needs
- Proven track record of delivering high levels of client service
- Strong practical knowledge of strategic account development and appropriate tools to achieve this aim
- Intermediate knowledge of Willis Towers Watsons products and services and how these compare to competitor offerings
- Understanding of new business sales process and track record of converting prospects to clients
- Skilled at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists
- Ability to represent Willis Towers Watson with integrity and credibility
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of working with and adhering to processes and systems to support client service delivery
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.