Deliver high quality Claims Service to all clients, ensuring that Key Client Outcomes are delivered to pre-defined service standards. (Role scope should be related flexibly to other roles and responsibilities, as applicable and / or directed). The Role
Ensuring that claims process outcomes for a defined portfolio of clients meet or exceed expectation through;
Operational Delivery - Claims Handling Responsibility
- Assisting with the Monitoring of Key Client Outcome performance and taking appropriate action as required, to deliver pre-defined service standards working with under advice from key contact/stakeholders.
- Responsible for own portfolio of claims, proactively progressing client's claims from first advice to final settlement
- Collect information and documentation and assess legal liability of claims.
- Adhering to legal deadlines
- Assessment of quantum and negotiation of settlement.
- Ensure prompt payment of claims within compliance requirements.
- Resolve less complex technical queries and problems, managing client expectations throughout the claims process.
- Attendance and involvement at Client meetings where required accompanied by LME/Key contact/Claims manager
- Quality checking of client / carrier communication/low level reports, prior to release by WTW, as appropriate
- Ad hoc less complex technical & service of support to the client, make take some less complex internal referrals
- Having an understanding of the client's business and their requirements (operational and other)
- Have and maintain a high level awareness of accounts, market developments, claims specific changes together with an understanding of the Key Client Outcomes and Service Delivery Targets within the BU
- Contribution to a continual improvement culture
- Accountable for the servicing of an allocated portfolio of complex and / or sensitive claims, to meet or exceed client expectation through;
- We require an individual with a background in claims either from a broker or insurer background. Ideally this will be within industrial disease claims, but we will consider those with a background in wider liability classes.
- Notification to insurers / reinsurers on receipt of a new claim advice, responding where required and providing advice to clients, as appropriate - working with Mumbai colleagues in delivery
- Manage and resolve client / carrier / internal day-to-day queries seeking assistance as required and from Claims Manager
- Support timely delivery of Key Client Outcomes
- Adhering to client service delivery and to standardised Group policies and procedures and to agreed service standards
- Ensure adherence to standardised Group policies and procedures, including all WEM and other regulatory requirements
- Take reasonable steps to support management and the Company in the management of the business risks applicable to area of employment, as set out in the BU risk register.
- Internal technical referral point across business for less complex topics
- Maintain legal and technical knowledge - Legislative changes and assist with, or may provide training
- Participation in meetings/huddles/project initiatives
The above list is intended to be as accurate a reflection of the role as possible. However, it may be revised from time to time if different tasks commensurate with the role or level of responsibility are needed to be performed and/or when circumstances change. The Requirements
- Preferably educated to A level standard or relevant industry experience
- Understanding Others
- Achievement Orientation
- Organisation and Prioritisations
- Knowledge and experience of claims handling specialist areas as required
- Understanding of specialist protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and is able to work on own initiative
Required Mindset and Behaviours :
- Process Management
- Query Management
- Compliance Management
Equal Opportunity Employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- WTW Values and Behaviours will underpin all roles and will guide performance criteria