At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We're the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We're a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform - whenever and however it's convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit - with teams in Amsterdam, London, and Shanghai - develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process. That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travellers and partners.
With this in mind, we are looking for the world's finest Site Reliability Engineers to join us on this adventure and to help shape the future of travel with Booking.com! About being a SRE at Booking.com
The core premise for the Booking SRE lies in treating operational issues as a software problem. We code our way out of problems where operations are concerned addressing availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency challenges within the vast infrastructure here at Booking. What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Design, develop and implement systems software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products;
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers;
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor the health of your system, and jump in to handle outages;
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of your systems;
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multinational data centers;
- Develop tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day;
- Be an advocate of engineering best practices;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents:
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
In return, we'll provide:
- Minimum 7 years of experience with building & maintaining complex, scalable, and distributed systems
- Good understanding of Software Reliability Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Solid practical experience in at least one programming language (Java, C/C++, Python, Go)
- Ability to formulate software solutions from scratch
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices & OOP patterns
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Practical experience in understanding and defining SLIs and SLOs
- Experience in networking, security or storage
- Fluency in the English language both spoken and written
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive. Pre-Employment Screening:
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.