The Job on Offer
Capgemini is seeking to recruit a Network Architect, ideally with experience of working in a large client outsourcing service environment, to work within client facing project teams. The applicant will be capable of architecting, designing and implementing robust network solutions. The applicant will be a good team player with experience of working in geographically dispersed support environments and with third party network service providers.
A highly technical role with a service and customer focus involving the design, evaluation and technical review of major network installations, implementation activities, client support, projects, transitions, due diligence exercises, and the development of new business solutions.
This is a varied role requiring a broad range of advanced network skills including:
• Design technical solutions covering product selection for the key components of the network technology stack, including cloud services & connectivity, Software Defined network hardware/software, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and sizing.
• Provide ideas and innovation and maintain a view of emerging technologies that could enhance the Capgemini service offering for network propositions.
• Provide the overall network technical strategy and leadership for a client, project or bid.
• Review of client network infrastructures and propose options for improvements.
• Ability to work to deadlines and drive complex network proposals to conclusion
• Taking information from customer and or project specifications and turning those into completed design definitions and leading the implementation of those changes for the project.
• Compliance with a stringent change management process, where levels of accuracy of proposed implementation activities will be subject to the fullest review and delivery must follow the agreed plan.
Travel away from home may be required on occasions.
The candidate will need to be able to gain security clearance for government work; this process can take place once they have joined Capgemini but any job offer will be dependent on SC clearance being obtained.
An expert-level working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, routing and switching within LAN/WAN/Data Centre/ Public Cloud environments is essential. Practical and demonstrable experience of implementing Cisco ACI is also essential.
Experience with any of the latest generation of networking technologies in addition to ACI is essential e.g:
• Software Defined Networks such as Cisco MSO (Multi Site Orchestrator), NAE (Network Assurance Engine), ACI Anywhere; SD WAN e.g. Cisco vManage; SD Access e.g. DNAC, APIC EM, Cisco ISE.
• Automation/Orchestration: Network stack integration, Terraform, Ansible, Python, JSON, APIs.
• Security products e.g. Firewalls: Cisco (+Firepower Threat Defense), FortiGate, Fortinet SD-WAN solution.
• VMware NSX and other NFV products.
• Tooling e.g. Cisco Tetration, Solarwinds, CA
Additional experience with load balancers, hardware proxy devices, IDS/AV, and Voice technologies would be desirable.
Experience with key vendors, primarily Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, ACI) / F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM) / Bluecoat / Fortigate / Checkpoint, Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud plus other vendor experience is welcome and beneficial.
Why Capgemini is Unique?
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.