At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Overview:
The Credit Policy Group (CPG) works with ratings analysts to ensure the robustness, consistency and timeliness of Fitch's ratings. CPG oversees the establishment and application of criteria to ensure the rigor and transparency of Fitch's ratings process. CPG is also charged by Fitch leadership to serve as industry thought leaders on emerging credit market risks and to provide insightful credit analysis through timely, thought-provoking research.
The Criteria Review and Approval Group (CRAG) ensures that all criteria, assumptions and models applied in the ratings process are rigorous, systematic, and evaluated based on historical experience.
Both CPG and CRAG are situated within the Risk division. The Operations, Reporting, and Systems team (ORS) is responsible for supporting CPG and the CRAG by performing data analysis, carrying out ad-hoc project initiatives, designing and implementing systems, and overseeing operations and reporting. Job Description:
This position will lead a small team in ORS to provide ratings analysis, data analytics, and credit research support for the Credit Officers, the Criteria Review and Approval Group, and other senior CPG members. The ideal candidate will leverage their broad base of data gathering, manipulation, and visualization skills to support all senior CPG staff in the pursuit of CPG's mandates as outlined above. The candidate will further oversee the execution, enhancement, and automation of recurring operational processes, as well as oversee the fulfillment of internal reporting requirements. Responsibilities:
Fitch seeks a qualified candidate to lead a small team primarily responsible for:
- Utilizing in-house tools, external software and data sources, and database querying skills for extraction and manipulation of data to support all CPG and CRAG objectives.
- Performing ratings portfolio analysis and credit market research in support of CPG's mandate to assess Fitch's rating performance and to develop alternative analytical views.
- Coordinating research and data analysis initiatives, liaising across multiple teams, and crafting reports/presentations in order to best communicate key findings to a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Supporting and enhancing the team's operations, and providing general support to CPG and CRAG staff in furtherance of the groups' objectives.
- Planning, overseeing, and executing short- and medium-term project initiatives, involving multiple stakeholders and covering a diverse range of topics.
- Contributing to and overseeing the fulfillment of recurring and ad-hoc internal reporting requirements in CPG and CRAG, including departmental and managerial.
- Bachelor's degree-level education, preferably finance, economics, statistics, or other STEM degree.
- Relevant work experience in the financial industry, or other relevant work experience
- Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Database familiarity (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Robust quantitative background.
- Data visualization skills/experience.
- Excellent writing ability, effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an independent, critical thinker with effective project management skills, thorough attention to detail, and effective self-management.
- Proven leader with effective management and coaching skills
- Work experience in or strong familiarity with the credit rating industry
- Practical familiarity with financial data tools and applications (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Haver)
- Experience with process or report automation
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau)
- Experience with VBA for Excel
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY:
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
#li-ac1 This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.