The job on offer
The Release and Deployment Lead is the owner of the Release and Deployment process and is accountable for the application, effectiveness, and efficiency of this process, governing the standards and IT Service Provider(s) must adhere to.
The Release and Deployment Lead will represent this process across the entire organisation and supply chain, ensuring it is clearly defined, designed, and documented as well as well managed and continuously improved.
They ensure that the introduction of new services estate do so with minimal negative impact and maximum positive impact to existing services and users and are accountable for effective planning and communication of planned implementations.
- Accountable for all aspects of the end-to-end Release process and relationship to other processes
- Accountable for ensuring the forward plan of release windows and cycles across relevant domains and portfolios
- Determine the scope of the Release Deployment Management process
- Chair the Release Review Board (RRB).
- Design detailed release strategies ensuring alignment with the Release SPP (where required)
- Actively seek to identify areas of opportunity for the further application of the release process within the organisation to greater areas of scope
- Accountable for ensuring that all IT teams follow the Release Deployment Management process and escalate non-conformity
- Manage reporting for Release and Deployment Management and attend the relevant reporting meetings
- Organise and conduct post implementation meetings to collect improvement suggestions for future releases if required
- Manage escalation regarding coordination of environment, test and deployment teams
- Ensure all relevant staff, including the relevant Supplier Release Coordinator(s) have the required training in the Release process and are aware of their role(s).
- Act as a point of contact for all Supplier Release Coordinators or Leads.
- Establish effective working relationships with client, teams for Releases, such as Application Portfolio Management and Development and Configuration, as well as the Supply Chain (for example, End User Services Supplier)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the latest release management standards within the industry, as well as related fields such as software development and deployment methodologies
- Subject Matter Expert in Release and Deployment Management
- Knowledge of Service Management Best Practice
- Experience of managing Tier 1 IT Service Providers
- Experience of team management
- Experience of Service Management Toolsets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inform others using technical knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns
- Computer literate, including a good working knowledge of relevant computer software
- ITIL V3/4 Foundation Certificate
- ITIL V3/4 Expert or ITIL4 Managing Professional or ITL4 Strategic Leader
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.