We are looking for several full-stack and front-end developers to join our growing business unit (headquartered in Reigate, ~200 engineers) developing a wide range of market-leading InsurTech solutions. You will join us at an exciting time as we focus increasingly on cloud/SaaS solutions, upgrading existing products to new technologies and modern UX, as well as developing brand-new applications.
As a developer, you will work as part of a highly-skilled and close-knit scrum team assigned to one of our greenfield projects, and play a key role creating new product features and enhancing existing code, whilst ensuring the product continues to meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance. The Role
- Work with the Product Owner to define, refine and deliver the product backlog,
- Design software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements,
- Implement product code, following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implement test-related code (unit tests, test frameworks and associated automated test cases),
- Review and debug code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Participate in Agile/scrum activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives), striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- We are looking web developers with particularly strong front-end skills to complement our existing teams, hence candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Strong appreciation of UX principles, ability to iterate commercial-quality GUI implementations working from wireframes/mockups and other assets produced by UX designers,
- Experience developing test frameworks/test cases for web UI's and RESTful services (e.g. using Selenium and SpecFlow),
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment,
- Experience with software engineering best practices: object-oriented, design patterns, SOLID principles,
- Experience with software development ecosystem (IDE's, version control, test automation/CI, etc.).
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Experience in data visualisation (e.g. D3, PrimeNG, NGX Charts),
- Experience with backend development: RESTful API's and services for Microsoft cloud deployments using C# .NET Core/ASP.NET, Azure infrastructure and services, JSON/XML,
- Ability to architect high-performance and scalable web application and supporting infrastructures,
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities,
- Experience using Visual Studio Team Services/Azure DevOps and Git,
- Experience with SQL Server or other database management systems,
- Experience with XUnit, Moq,
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms,
- Degree-educated with at least 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science.