- Placement of casualty fac business from all over the globe into the London and International market
- Focus on general liability but with the opportunity to expand into other lines including financial lines, environmental impairment.
- Produce and develop and place new casualty business from:
- the London and International markets
- the Willis Towers Watson network operations
- personal relationships with other sources
- Retain and grow existing casualty business within the portfolio.
- Support and contribute to the wider casualty portfolio and take an active role in its growth and development in partnership with the General Liability and Financial Lines specialists within the team.
- Understand existing clients' or prospect clients' business, situations, opportunities, problems and key issues.
- Articulate the state of the London and International (re)insurance market and provide relevant industry insight to clients and prospects
- Prepare insightful client and prospect presentations
- Work with Account Executives and Sales Team in determining appropriate solutions and structuring of deals.
- Price and design conceptual programs.
- Identify appropriate markets and determine placing strategy.
- Manage relationships and negotiate placements with the insurance market
- Create and grow relationships with underwriters in London and International markets
- Participate in information gathering exercises.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Willis Towers Watson guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure good relationships and communication with colleagues throughout the Willis Towers Watson group.
- Develop a thorough understanding and be an expert real time user for all relevant systems
Qualifications / Experience
- Preferably ACII qualified or working towards the ACII qualification
- A proven track record in (re)insurance broking or underwriting
- A deep knowledge of the (re)insurance market in order to address client and technical issues
- Strong relationships in the London and European liability market (International and/or US and/or UK (re)insurers)
Equal opportunity employer This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Specialized and deep understanding and broad expertise in liability products
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct business in a second language is desirable
- Excellent technical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to assimilate and apply large volumes of information rapidly
- Negotiation skills coupled with the ability to be flexible and innovative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Ability to prioritise, manage deadlines and work under pressure
- Comfortable explaining complex concepts and making recommendations to clients/client servicing teams
- Ability to forge links between broking and client servicing teams
- Ability to adapt personal style to work effectively with a wide range of clients, colleagues and underwriters
- Must be prepared to work with integrity and openness, complying at all times with FCA requirements.
- Good IT skills with excellent Excel usage capability