At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch (China) Bohua Credit Ratings Ltd. is licensed by the People's Bank of China (PBOC) and the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors (NAFMII) to provide rating services for China's onshore bond market. The rating agency offers independent analysis, transparent methodologies and a rigorous ratings process in line with international best practice. Fitch Bohua provides forward-looking ratings, in-depth research, valuable data tools and insightful commentary. It is committed to supporting the development and internationalisation of China's capital markets. Fitch Bohua is wholly owned by Fitch Ratings. Department overview:
The Corporates Business & Relationship Management (BRM) team's principal objective is to generate new Corporate Finance rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing and relationship development. The individuals' efforts will be focused on the aspects of the team's outreach directed at capital markets and investment professionals within private equity firms. Responsibilities:
Day-to-day activities include:
Qualifications and experience:
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with private equity sponsors, monitoring their portfolio with respect to transaction activity and ratings in order to identify opportunities for new rating opportunities.
- Create and execute outreach plans for key target list.
- Coordinate with other Fitch offices with PE strategy, outreach and in identifying rating opportunities.
- Maintaining awareness of market conditions, private equity sector and fundraising trends, developments in corporate debt markets (High Yield and Leveraged) and, specifically, in relation to private equity transactions; furthermore, how or where these may impact rating agencies and the firms' new business initiatives.
- Researching marketing angles or areas where firm can differentiate from the competition.
- Developing case studies and presentation slides dedicated to a specific sector or vertical for an upcoming or prospective meeting.
- Contribute and participate in BRM efforts with bankers, direct lenders, issuers, investors and CLO managers.
- Record client interaction on the CRM system and fulfil senior managements reporting requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with Fitch research and criteria and ensure distribution of relevant content to private equity contacts.
Please be aware ahead of application:
- Extensive and demonstrable experience working within financial services preferably in private equity, leveraged finance, M&A or financial sponsor coverage within an investment bank or asset manager.
- Bachelor's degree (MBA / CFA a plus) preferably in business, economics, or similar analytical fields.
- An understanding of large and/or middle-market corporate debt deal processes, key parties, roles and motivations of important constituents (ie, bankers, issuers, investors, financial sponsors).
- Ability to gather intelligence from public and internal sources, piece together information, draw clear and concise conclusions that result in a strategy for pursuing new business opportunities.
- Understanding of analytical credit concepts and capability to translate those into marketing messages for external audiences.
- Skills in time and organizational management across a range of projects at a given time, prioritize and re-prioritize accordingly.
- Independent, self-starter mind-set; willing to think creatively and pursue projects without constant oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail in preparing external presentations.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or other fixed income data/information service provider sources.
- Travel limited, but primarily within Europe, amount dependent on business need.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: https://www.fitchbohua.cn/ | www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.