The Job on Offer
This Capgemini Front End Developer role puts software engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. As part of the Web Platforms Team in our Digital Customer Experience unit, you'll help us produce web platforms for a range of enterprise clients. All your close colleagues will be first and foremost engineers - technical experts who love using Open Source to create complex content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce solutions.
This is a challenge for a Front End Developer, capable of leading the development and delivery of engaging mobile, tablet and desktop web experiences for our ambitious clients.
- Work as part of agile development teams to deliver robust, engaging and usable solutions
- Take personal responsibility for components' technical delivery - collaborative with senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions.
- Continually improve our front end development teams' development processes, practices, tools and techniques.
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, helping the team to grow their skills.
- Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open source projects and initiatives.
- Experience of integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience using SASS or another CSS pre-processor.
- Practical knowledge of using Grunt, Gulp or similar tools to automate tasks.
- Version control software (Git) expertise, and a deep understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practice.
- A portfolio with examples of responsive design and multiple browsers
- Demonstrable experience in Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development.
- Experience of working in agile teams, and delivering optimised integrated web solutions.
We're also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had experience in some of these
- Building native mobile apps using React Native, Hybrid apps, or natively on iOS or Android
- Contentful, and other headless content management and e-commerce platforms Microservice, and API based, development experience, including designing and implementing REST and GraphQL APIs, and understanding API security patterns
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work. We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.