UK Wide, Mobility Required
The job on offer
Capgemini's Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won't necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
In BTS (Business and Technology Solutions), we support our clients through large scale transformations, enabled by brilliant technology solutions. We want the very best for our clients, and we know that the technology we implement can help them achieve great things. We also know that the implementation of a new technology solution impacts everything it touches, so our teams work collaboratively with our clients to ensure smooth and pain-free transitions.
We're looking for people who love building great relationships with clients, and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. Coming to work with us means using the right change management techniques to guide our clients through a seamless programme of activity which ensures the smooth running of our technology-enabled transformation projects.
As the person responsible for the management of our programme office, you'll have a handle on all elements of the programme, from project management support and control, risk and issue management and the necessary financial controls. You'll use your excellent organisational skills to ensure that the programme is appropriately run, and you'll have a great view of what's going on across the entire programme. You'll be incredibly flexible, adapting to the day to day changes which occur on every significant programme, and nimble in the way you work.
You'll ensure the smooth running of the end to end programme through working flexibly across the following areas:
· Project management support; including change management, risk and issue management, reporting, status tracking, and project reporting. You'll do all of this using tools such as Clarity & Open Workbench, MSProject.
· Project financial management - tracking of budgets and costs
· Compliance - ensuring that the programme meets the standards we expect within Capgemini
· Provision of standard documents and tools
To get the most out of this role, you'll have:
· A strong track record of successful delivery in PMO roles within an IT and Business Change environment. A background in consultancy or professional services delivery would be advantageous though not essential.
· A deep understanding of the impact PMO has on good project and programme management.
· Brilliant communications and interpersonal skills which you'll use to relate to clients to help them to understand what PMO can offer to them.
· Demonstrable experience in starting up a small PMO or elements of a larger PMO or in rescuing an underperforming PMO.
· Proven capability to lead junior PMO team members and to guide/mentor their development by building supportive and productive team relationships.
· A strong and enduring desire to further your own personal development through studying for ISEB qualifications in PPSO.
Why Capgemini is unique
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini's unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform 'Next' and our 'Learning for all' mindset.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
'Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com'
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.