Any UK Base
The job on Offer:
As a Cloud Database subject matter expert, you'll be working in an environment that partners closely with all the major hyperscale Cloud providers, fosters a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners alike to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions for new and existing clients whilst still getting hands-on experience working with the latest databse technologies and Cloud platforms.
You'll have a pivotal role in our cloud transformation projects, responsibilities could include:
- Private Public & Hybrid Cloud database solutioning- architecting, designing, building and testing new and existing Database capabilities.
- Working on large and complex projects, that requires collaboration with peers from multiple technology domains
- Working across technologies - not just PaaS database technologies, we aim to deliver services that meet client needs that can involve transforming existing database technologies and developing bespoke solutions using opensource technologies
- Database migration, automation, consolidation and transformation programmes
- Operating at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery
Some examples of recent projects we've worked on using Cloud Database technologies are
- For a Finance client - we helped them move away from large SQL clusters, data warehouses and integration services to become more agile utilising Azure PaaS services
- For an Automotive client - we moved them from a proprietary database solution that was costing lots of money to a new PostgreSQL solution that was developed together with our India based Data Migration Factory
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that cloud database technologies are having on the market and have the need to utilise and develop your Cloud Database skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
- Passion for delivering innovative secure Cloud based SQL solutions; Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Lake
- Integration and analysis skills; Data Factory, Analysis Services or Spotlight
- Tooling skills for the maintenance, consolidation and migration of database workloads
- Strong documentation/presentation & consulting skills; able to articulate an approach in design artifacts
- Understand the benefits and obstacles in moving alternative database solutions whether they be proprietary or Opensource
- Able to understand the need to secure data and able to demonstrate their use of encryption/delegation of admin/penetration testing
Why Capgemini is Unique?
• At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
• We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
• We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the Future you Want:
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.