Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
An overview of the role
As a Senior Snowflake Developer/Lead within the Insights & Data Emerging Tech Team, this role is a unique chance to make a real difference in your career and to make a difference that affects people's lives and transforms the way companies and government operate. Do you want to amaze people, to take them on a journey and show them something truly fantastic? Do you want to be at the forefront of the AI revolution?
We can't become 'insight driven' without data. We can't deliver the AI revolution without data. Data is the lifeblood of everything we do in Insights and Data. We embrace experimentation and industrialisation, so we need passionate, energetic data engineers who are focussed on using their skills to drive out real business value from their data assets.
Now the data space is clearly very large, thus the myriad of skills and technologies is equally sized but also rapidly evolving. So it's important to us that you have a desire for continued learning. We want you to be thinking "how can I use what I know?", "what do I need to learn?" in order to help your client achieve their business goals.
As a vital part of our business unit, you'll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why This role?
We don't really have a typical day or typical project at Capgemini. Our clients expect advice, proof-of-values, industrialised solutions; we work on small and very large engagements and we work across several different sectors, including public, CPG, retail, manufacturing and utilities. If you aren't on a project, you could instead be involved in a bid, doing some training, working on a point-of-view, building a demo or contributing to our blog series (tips from recent new joiners, who we are happy for you to speak with, is just 'get stuck in').
We are looking to bring in an experienced lead who can utilise their current experience of implementing Snowflake solutions to help our clients truly leverage the best out of Snowflake and build world class data platform capabilities, so whilst the list of skills below is fairly heavy, please do get in touch even if you only have two or three or even if you are more fledgling engineer and this role might not be quite right for you now :
• Experience of working in global projects implementing one or more of AWS, GCP and Azure platform components on multi-tenant Snowflake DWH
• Experience of developing enterprise grade ELT data pipelines within Snowflake.
• Strong understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
• Demonstrable knowledge of applying Snowflake best practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review).
• Experience of working with global teams and Agile delivery.
• Specific Snowflake Data Warehouse/Platform
• Definition and build of logical and physical data model to meet the need of the solution
• Experienced in all Snowflake Objects but master in (Databases, Schemas, Tables and Views) as well as Zero copy cloning and Time Travel.
• Experience of defining the right size warehouse to and strong experience of Multi-Cluster Warehouse, from sizing to managing changing workloads and performance / cost optimisation.
• Experienced with Stored Procedures, Functions, Internal and External stages as well as creating efficient Snowpipe data pipelines.
• Strong understanding of Snowflake Security model and inheritance rules
• Experienced with SQL in Snowflake and SnowSQL and ability to review and educate other team members on SQL Explain plans and identify performance bottlenecks
• Experience in designing structure to support reporting solutions optimised for use from tools like Qlik, Looker, Tableau etc
• Ideally SnowPro certified, working towards or a strong desire to become certified
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
• Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
• Experience designing analytics deliveries, contributing to planning projects and/or leading teams
While we're a global consultancy, we're made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you're not sure you have all the skills you need, but you're still passionate about the role, please apply and we'll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.