The Job On Offer
As a Platform Engineer in our Cloud Infrastructure Service (CIS) practice, you'll have access to innovative projects and entrepreneurial colleagues. With Cloud Platform Engineering in rapid evolution, we will help you learn and develop your skills and gain certifications.
Capgemini's industry-leading cloud-native engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for ensuring some of the world's most demanding applications are available, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today's technology - instead looking to tomorrow's needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
No two projects are ever the same as we support all business sectors. As a Platform Engineer, you will be expected to have the knowledge, confidence and capability to assist our clients in realising their cloud strategy. This would include:
• Undertaking cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
• Defining and maintaining technical designs according to cloud best practices and ensuring they are deployed correctly in the Cloud environment whilst championing automation for
• Working with great engineers on large scale, technically challenging projects - it's all about people at the end of the day.
• Using leading-edge technology - our clients are constantly looking to take cloud technology further, leveraging open source technology, CI/CD, and modern software architectures such as microservices, to name but a few.
• Constantly learning through modern platforms and the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
We want passionate, energetic Platform Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge.
We're not expecting you to be able to tick off all of the below, but if you've got a broad range of experience in modern cloud stacks and can demonstrate a good selection of the list, we'd love to talk to you.
• Demonstrate knowledge, and preferably certification, for designing & implementing either AWS, Azure or Google Compute services, leveraging infrastructure as code (must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IaC tools, specifically Terraform and Ansible)
• Experience working with agile methods, with good communication skills (written and verbal), managing both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools, including the ability to build and maintain CI\CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure
• Be able to highlight experience in multiple projects, that could include- cloud migrations, monitoring (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and integrations with Slack and Teams), modern platforms (container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes) and cloud cost management (FinOps)
• Evidence you have a core set of engineering competencies - fluency in one or more languages such as Python, Go, Ruby.
Why Capgemini is Unique?
• At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
• We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
• Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Get the Future You Want:
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.