Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms. We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP.
We continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place.
The focus of your role
We are looking for strong DevOps Engineers/Platform Engineers who are passionate and focused on data solutions and Cloud technologies and who ideally have skills in many of the following areas:
• Experience of Agile delivery environments.
• Document as-is process and architectures and design to-be architectures
• Architect systems knowing what "good" looks like
• Automation design and delivery including installation, configuration, and administration of industry leading DevSecOps tools
• Keep up with the fast-paced tooling landscape in the industry
• Understand, design, and implement operational tools for monitoring, alerting, recovery, backups etc.
• Ability to train internal or client teams in technologies, in DevOps practices.
• Client and internal stakeholder management, business problem solving acumen, working in a multi-supplier environment
As part of the team you will be responsible for :
• Maintain a technical end-to-end knowledge of the systems supported
• Be responsible and accountable for the resolution of all related incidents,, working with other teams to help manage major incident resolution.
• Work with other engineers, manage the resource requirements for resolutions, support cover and liaison with other teams.
• Liaise daily with other support teams, 3rd line and development teams, and lead the response team responding to major incidents
• Liaise regularly with senior customers, particularly during major incidents
• Triage faults, service improvements and technologies, assessing their impact in BAU support
• Assist in the design and delivery of all new technologies and infrastructure components for the supported systems, including developing new code in SAS and maintaining existing SAS Code
• Coach and train other engineers, transferring your expertise and knowledge of at least one of the following areas - Operating System Scripts for Linux/Windows, SAS services and procedures and SQL Queries on an Oracle database.
• CI/CD pipeline tooling ranging from Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc
• Use IaC tools and techniques and follow everything as-code principles (e.g. terraform, ARM templates and GCP deployment manager)
• Hand-on experience with at least 1 public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) including respective cloud shell, serverless and other cloud native and offerings.
• Advising clients on the principles of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment, DevOps and Agile delivery
• Architecting and directing the implementation of all aspects of DevOps and Continuous Delivery solutions for Accenture clients
• Helping our clients realise the business benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile delivery and with associated culture change and ways of working aspects.
• Understanding of NFRs and meeting through design and delivery.
• Mentoring and developing junior team members
Nice to haves
• Certification in the relevant technology and with 1 or more of the cloud vendors
• Knowledge one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Experience with DevOps variations such as DevSecOps, DataDevOps, DevNetOps
• Experience of different operating systems (flavours of Linux, windows)
• Experience applying DevOps principles to different types of architectures
• Knowledge of IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing
• Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
• The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices and release management methods
• Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
• Experience of Agile
• Service support - the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operations
• Understanding and designing delivery approach such as Agile, Waterfall
Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative data platforms, for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.