Delivery Manager - Telford or Worthing Base (Flexible Working) The Job On Offer
As a Delivery Manager you will join our vibrant and forward thinking Engagement Management community, within the HMRC Market Unit. The role will primarily be with one of our Delivery Centres where you will lead one or more delivery squads responsible for delivering one or more products for projects and services to our HMRC client.
You will be joining an established and rapidly expanding team, working across a diverse range of technologies and areas of the business. You will use your proven delivery track record to lead and manage people using a variety of recognised methodologies, including agile, utilising multi-disciplined and highly skilled teams.
- Ensure your squad(s) meet agreed delivery timescales, within cost and to required quality standards
- Manage the capacity and future forecasting of yourself and your Squad(s)
- Ensure managed products and services are performing to contractual targets
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Manage and communicate risks, cost budgets, productivity and Delivery Squad resources
- Build and maintain a motivated and appropriately skilled Squad(s), whose proficiency can be demonstrated through industry recognised certifications
- Protect the Squad(s) and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important, ensuring also that your Squad(s) is aligned to the future needs of the delivery centre and wider Capgemini
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with client contacts (both internal and external)
- Identify and land opportunities for additional business, and empower your squad(s) to do the same
- Facilitate continuous improvement, applying the most appropriate agile and lean tools & techniques for your environment in-line with the standardised delivery centre Functional Model.
- Strong experience of Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Established credientials and track record of previous project and/or service delivery and management of small to medium sized teams
- Good communicator, ability to influence and coach others
- Proven ability to forge trusted relationship with clients in line with our business objectives
- Strong financial management and awareness of commercial management
- Ability to work closely with project managers and service delivery managers independently within a client or competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills and a proven record of inspiring and building high performing teams
- Have an existing industry recognised certification or be working towards certification in Agile Delivery or Project Management
Why Capgemini Is Unique
- We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
- We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
- At the Capgemini we offer opportunities to contribute to society, make a difference to the world and help Architects of Positive Futures. Through our sustainability framework Capgemini is at the cutting edge of helping organisations accelerate their net zero and wider sustainability ambitions.
Get The Future You Want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask.
But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. .
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.
It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses.
And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want.
And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology.
The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future.
It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries.
With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms.
The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.