*Stock Controller - Grocery - Bermondsey, London*
*Reports to: Duty Manager, Grocery (Other Duty Managers and Store Manager).*
*Direct reports: None*
*Job Purpose (overview of the role)*
As a Grocery Stock Controller you will have responsibility for ensuring that ordering is carefully done to minimize wastage, products are correctly received, stock is correctly rotated, out of date stock is removed from the shelves, shelves are replenished and the products are well merchandised.
You will be able to offer great service by using your product knowledge to recommend customers relevant products and explain the benefits of them. You will also support on Tills during busy periods.
*Job Role (day to day tasks)*
*What you will do*
* Service - Listen and recommend suitable products to customers
* Dealing with stock - ordering stock from a number of different suppliers, ensuring stock is correctly received, rotating stock, filling shelves, making sure the shelves are well merchandised and clean.
* Tills - you will put transactions through the Tills quickly and efficiently.
* Support your Duty Manager with completing departmental tasks as requested by them.
* This may occasionally involve working in areas outside of your normal duties e.g. helping in other departments.
* Take the time to learn about products in your area.
* Be able to describe the benefits of organic and natural products and those suitable for people with dietary requirements.
* Make customers a priority.
* Greet and engage all customers who enter the department.
* Make recommendations about additional items to customers.
* Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding.
* Work and demonstrates a sense of urgency to avoid customers having to wait.
* Complete new starter training and additional training as required.
* Follow high standards of Health & Safety ensuring temperature checks are done for your department.
* Adhere to Planet Organic's grooming standards.
* Follow till procedures.
* Ensure that the Grocery shelves and the warehouse are well organised.
* Carefully order stock to avoid wastage.
* Ensure GRNs are passed to the Store Administrator.
* Support on stock takes.
* You will train, allocate tasks and give feedback to Team members on Grocery.
* Able to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
* Stand and walk for extended periods of time
* Able to lift boxes and stretch
* Confidently operate tills therefore confidence with numbers is important.