At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Reporting to the Head of Rail Systems and Assurance as a Senior Systems Engineer, you will use technical knowledge and experience to develop scope definitions and requirements, implement requirements management tools and manage validation and verification processes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
We will provide personal development which will allow you to progress your career. We will offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
- Scope and System definition; requirements; and interfaces environment in infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working safely in the railway industry.
- Good working knowledge of requirements management tool (e.g.. DOORS).
- Experience of verification and validation principles and management activities.
- Experience of system and functional architectures with working knowledge of UML/SysML tools.
- Issues, risks and assumptions definition and management.
- Configuration management and change control.
- Good understanding of various system assurance elements i.e. PRAMS, CSM, ESM, HF, EMC etc.
- Understanding of generic system design philosophy and lifecycle from concept through to commissioning.
- Experience of delivering Systems Engineering roles on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experienced in leading, and working with, people from varied backgrounds and cultures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Have a Degree or Masters qualification in a relevant technical discipline
- Have achieved Chartered Membership of a relevant institution such as IET, IMechE, IRSE, CIIS Technician status or equivalent through a recognised professional institution.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World