FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Content Supervisor - German - you will focus on sub-editing 'revolutionary' content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localising content for the Farfetch website. Working to our brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will review written content for our German customers. Please be aware that the role will require around 3-4 days a week of availability. WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will review German editorial features according to house style
- You will check accuracy of copy against images and grammar, spelling and formatting
- You will edit product descriptions and partner training materials
- You will review German website content and communications to ensure all content reaches the necessary standards, whilst also retaining our distinct Farfetch voice
- Ensure all copy is clear and localised where relevant
- Work with our core editing team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all channels
WHO YOU ARE
- You have fluency in German (native level) and English
- You have an engaging, accurate and adaptable writing style, with impeccable grammar
- You can quickly synthesize the core message of a statement and write engaging copy for different target audiences
- You have a thorough understanding of the various stylistic nuances of the German language and are able to adapt to in-house ToV guidelines
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You'll be aware of designers, brands, styles, culture and trends
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
You will focus on sub-editing 'revolutionary' content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localising content for the Farfetch website. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.