Description & RequirementsWho We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people. Job Summary:
Store Managers are accountable for every aspect of the retail store operations, ensuring that all areas of the store are engaged, performing, and delivering world-class guest experience. Store Managers build team capabilities to drive strategy and achieve key results for the business. This role is responsible for the talent acquisition strategy, ongoing people development and growth within their community. Key Responsibilities of the Job Leadership and People Management
Working with Others
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment and culture by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for team members and guests.
- Establish a vision for the store, based on key metrics and initiatives, and cascade to all team members.
- Build a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive store operations.
- Manage the store's hiring process, including recruitment, selection, and onboarding, ensuring a focus on IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and action) and other lululemon priorities.
- Support ongoing learning and development of all store team members consistently and equitably by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns.
- Engage in career discussions to support and reinforce team understanding of how working at lululemon will contribute to career and personal growth.
- Provide team member recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce the career and personal growth of your team.
- Plan and prepare team member schedule according to labour requirements, availability, and budget considerations.
- Address all employee relations issues, including knowing when to partner with People and Culture (P&C) team to take appropriate action.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development.
- Collaborate with in-store team members to ensure optimal guest experience that values guests' time and support store operations.
- Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) to ensure a great guest experience, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product education, and supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store options).
- Move dynamically on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
- Address emergent issues, including guest escalations and emergency requests.
- Manage whole store profit and loss (P&L) in accordance with goals (sales, budget, etc.).
- Plan and execute high-level quarterly and annual planning for store with respect to strategy, budget, and labour (including recruiting and training/development).
- Plan floor coverage and make decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of floor operations.
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
- Accountable for controllable budget; labour hours; annual sales plan target
Key Skills & Core Values You Bring
- Leadership role directly responsible for all store employees (may delegate some aspects of management)
Job Requirements Eligibility
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team Building: Creates and develops teams that maximize accomplishments; encourages unique contributions and different perspectives
- Strategic Thinking: Sets strategies that are aligned to vision and values of the company to achieve goals/vision/further the mission; considers the 'big picture' implications of decisions
- Resilience: Remains persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks
- Change Management Leadership: Leads others through all phases of change processes and uncertainty
- Business Acumen: Is able to quickly understand and address business information (e.g., profit and loss statements, budgets and sales forecasts, retail strategy and approaches)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have proof of the Right to Work and evidence relating to associated local legislative requirements (EMEA only)
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with own transportation methods
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently or alone
- Willing to work in an environment with bright lights and loud music
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- Willing to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- 1 year people management experience
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years retail or sales specific management experience
In keeping with our mission, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about how your unique abilities may translate to the requirements for this role, with or without a reasonable accommodation. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your question or request. Beyond The Paycheck (Benefits & Perks)
At lululemon, we care for and invest in the whole person - body, mind, spirit. Our total rewards program is designed to support you in achieving your goals and focus on the things you love. In addition to competitive base pay and a team-based bonus program, we also offer extended health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness/yoga classes, parenthood top up program and personal and professional development programs.
Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.