At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.Role description:
As a Technical Director (TD) within our Site Evaluation & Restoration (SER) group you will be an integrated member of our UK-wide team, working in our project teams to undertake data collection, site management, task management, reporting and interpretation of results on a wide range of geo-environmental projects.
We are looking for a seasoned TD with significant experience in the geo-environmental consultancy field. As a leader in the business, we require somebody with a proven in-depth knowledge of all the potential hydrogeological aspects associated with major engineering, regeneration and water resource projects. A strong track record of working in multi-disciplinary design and/or planning teams and a capability to communicate effectively around both engineering and environmental considerations is paramount. Client relationship management will naturally be required, and this could comprise internal business relationships, contractor relationships or direct with the lead client; in all cases, collaborative, positive and constructive relations are expected. Leadership skills will also be required; encompassing project direction, team management and being a health, safety and wellbeing champion at all times.
In return, you will join an award-winning team and be part of one of the global top 3 consultants within the field. Working across various projects, you will have the opportunity to work alongside international technical experts and continue building on your experience. There is a growing global connectivity in our client relationships and project delivery methods and you will have the opportunity to work closely with our global colleagues to share knowledge and collaborate on projects all over the world.
There is flexibility as to your choice of location within the UK, and you can select any of the following offices: Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds, London or Manchester. This position is open full-time or part-time.Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Lead the delivery of projects ensuring client satisfaction, effective project management and good communication and collaboration between Arcadis colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall project.
- Engage with clients and all key stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of project objectives and to establish protocols for working together.
- Develop and propose potential solutions, including solutions that fall outside the standard codes where appropriate, to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Guide clients through the technical decision-making process and provide alternative solutions if there are changes to project parameters.
- Develop strong, partnering relationships with senior client personnel in order to identify and resolve issues, to identify business opportunities and to influence their decision making.
- Lead the preparation of high-quality winning bids.
- Coach and mentor specialist professionals to support the development of Arcadis talent pool
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry sector and with technical and legislative developments and seek out opportunities to develop a strong professional profile at an Area level (e.g. conference presentations, publications and participation in technical committees)
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by Arcadis, of the client's business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
Why Become an Arcadian?
- MSc or MEng qualified (or higher) in Hydrogeology, Geohydrology or equivalent.
- Chartered professional status.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience of working on "geo-environmental" projects with an expertise in hydrogeological assessment.
- Experience in managing business relationships at senior management level.
- Ability to work both independently, within a local office-based team, and larger multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in mentoring team members to a high level.
- Recognised as distinguished or an expert in a professional discipline with well-established industry networks.
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World