Following the launch of Economist Impact, there is an increase in activity for our client marketing globally. This effort will turn marketing into even more of a key part of the business directly contributing positive ROI. In order to drive this change we will need a fresh approach to how we generate demand for the Sales team, from lead gen through to engagement and ultimately sales.
The Digital Marketing Manager will work with the Director of Demand Generation to translate the overarching Economist Impact marketing strategy into an actionable plan that delivers qualified leads to the Sales team, working within an Account Based Marketing approach. The activity needs to be of the highest quality and fully aligned with our brand, ensuring not only a quantity of leads but high quality leads and an expectation of a quality experience from The Economist Group.
To deliver the plan the role will liaise with the Content Marketing team within Economist Impact Marketing, as well as stakeholders throughout the Group including Sales, Data, Analytics, Social, and others.
Accountabilities How you will contribute:
- Develop clear visibility on the total addressable audience for Economist Impact, mapping and identifying gaps where further work is needed
- Implement lead gen campaigns specifically targeted to address those gaps, by account, vertical, or other target
- Liaise with the Content Marketing team and Director of Demand Generation to produce and deploy effective marketing email campaigns
- Liaise with the Content Marketing team to ensure content used in all marketing is effective for the target audience, and report performance in order to help refine the content approach
- Develop close relationships with sales team to understand their needs in terms of leads and Key Accounts, and refine our marketing approach accordingly
- Work to create consistent processes for how we generate and develop leads across the Economist Impact business
- Develop a consistent lead scoring mechanism across Economist Impact Marketing in collaboration with the Director of Demand Generation, the Data team and the Sales team
- Work alongside the Director of Demand Generation to develop Key Account strategy
- Work alongside the Director of Demand Generation to plan and execute internal client and external industry events to enhance client relationships and drive brand visibility and engagement among the target audience
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the Group that work in lead generation marketing (including Circulation, EIU and other marketing teams) to develop best practices and share learnings
Experience, skills and professional attributes The ideal skills for this role are:
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Proven track record of delivering B2B marketing campaigns required
- Experience of content-led, ABM marketing strategies preferred
- Experience working with a CRM database (Salesforce.com is preferred)
- Ability to understand the challenges of the sales team, and what resonates with senior clients
- A deep understanding of the current media landscape, both traditional and emerging
- An appetite and passion for the latest marketing technologies, capabilities and opportunities, with a forward-looking perspective to test and use those tools in their own work
- An understanding how business executives utilise policy research, thought leadership and other content to drive their business objectives
- Understanding of email and marketing automation tools and hands on experience of running email marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess data and relevance of tactics and programmes
- Strategic thinker who can translate complex concepts into actionable, understandable plans and programs
- Excellent ability to manage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong ability to multi-task and move between distinct projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to project manage complex activities, including multiple stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team