Our Business Services team is a collective set of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
Within our Business Services Team, the Business Technology function (BizTech) provides IT services to over 2,300 users across around 20 locations, predominantly in the UK, and is comprised of key functions including the following areas: Technology Change (including project management), Security & Governance, Architecture, and IT Service Delivery and Service Operations, where this role sits.Job Purpose
The Service Platforms Consultant role will be a key part of our Service Operations team and responsible for aligning business requirements and Service Platform provisions across the Business Infrastructure and Cloud Services for the firm. These Services are varied but include Cloud, Hosted and On-Premise solutions and platforms. This is a dynamic role, working with a broad range of Technologies in a growing firm with key change programmes including full migration to cloud.
The role would suit an individual who has supported and managed in a similar environment and in a related business area.Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Service Operations, this role is specifically focused in Key Service Management Platforms support primarily across the company Service Now instance and End User NextThink Services. The position is the key support role for these products and will be the product SME for any further project, Enhancement or future service improvements efforts.
This is a key role for the firm, as this individual will maintain delivery of the highest standards in quality of service delivery and operational standards with reporting. They will ensure that on a day-to-day basis, the IT services across Core Platforms that are key to enabling the business are managed to ensure these are available, secure and performant.
Our ambitious programme includes major technology developments as well as redesigning areas such as IT Service, process maturity, resourcing, third party management and security.Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Setup processes and execute integrations with tools like ServiceNow, NexThink, Desktop Analytics, SaaS Platforms, etc.
- Experience of working as a Service Now administrator or support agent
- Development of new functionality and integrations with Service Now
- Investigating issues with the Service Now instance
- Configuration of Service Now
- Routine maintenance of Service Now
- Routine ServiceNow updates
- Onboarding/Offboarding of customers (including customization)
- Good understanding of Workplace services
- Expert in end to end monitoring and analytics services
- Design, Implement and operate End Point Operations monitoring & analytics platform
- Setup proactive monitoring alerts for suitable remediation in a timely manner
- Maintaining analytics tool and share reports to leads and other stakeholders
- Datamining and analysis experience
- Control KPIs, scores, performance dashboards within target environments
- Setup governance measures around proactive monitoring and analytics activities
- Drive experience enhancement dashboard and programs
- Publish dashboards as per the define frequency/real time as applicable to all relevant stakeholders.
- Prior experience in scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, batch etc...)
- Demonstrable experience of working in an IT Support environment, (preferably in 2nd or 3rd line ) with knowledge of ITIL standards and use of case management systems
- Strong investigative, analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to analyse complex business requirements, requests or problems and translate into appropriate actions and solutions.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the organization's business areas, drivers, structure, priorities etc. would be desirable
- Experience of delivering end-user training and producing/maintaining training documentation
- System documentation experience
- Effective oral and written communication with a clear customer focus
- Ability to work across departments within a complex organisation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and documentation skills
- Have an eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload whilst working in a proactive manner
- Analytical skills - an ability to think logically and drill down into detail
- Approachable interpersonal skills: good communicator and listener who is willing to assist others
There is an experienced team in place to work with, and the candidate will work closely with these. The candidate will have experience in a broad variety of applications, database and development areas; experience of working in technology functions with a track record of delivering a high professional standard technology function at a significant organisation. Experience in professional services would also be beneficial.Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business. We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.