Be You' at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These
are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal.
You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust
priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive.
Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a , we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively Senior Specialist Data Analyst - Statistician- Belgium
Work in a global team as data analyst / statistical expert for all aspects of data analytics and statistics within GIO and Quality organization during the lifecycle of assays, products and processes. Essential and accountable partner of project teams, management and key stakeholders in the organization in providing statistical support.
Actively collaborate with multidisciplinary multicultural teams (task forces, investigations, improvement projects) to provide input to assessments by application of data analytics and statistical methodologies and appropriate interpretation.
Manage and influence internal and external global network in order to adopt rigorous and sound statistical approaches, globalize approaches. Assure alignment with internal and regulatory expectations.In this role you will...
- Act as essential partner for project teams or other stakeholder groups to provide expert statistics support, guidance and consultation for all aspects of statistics or data analytics for product, processes and analytical assays.
- Ensure high quality statistical evaluation and reporting, e.g. for regulatory dossiers which set a benchmark in the industry and result in high regulatory acceptance. Ensure integrity of statistical evaluation by ensuring application of appropriate statistical methodologies and traceability / reproducibility.
- Take full ownership and accountability of all data analytics and statistical content. Typical applications include yield improvement and/or variability reduction projects, identification of most-influential attributes, and application of machine learning methodologies for data analytics projects, and planning and evaluation of experiments (DoE), sample size calculation, process and method validation, assay or process trending, and assay or process transfers for statistical analyses.
- Influence GSK internal policies, guidelines and SOPs to ensure appropriate application of data analytics and statistics.
- Ensure compliance of data analyses with internal and external requirements (e.g. GSK QMS, GSK Vaccines VSOPs, Ph.Eur., ICH/FDA guideline).
- Support site implementation of GSK Vaccines requirements related to products and processes and monitor site implementation status.
- Monitor and assess new developments, industry trends, evolving regulatory expectations. Constantly standardize and refine data analytics and statistics to assure application of state-of-the-art data analytics and statistical methodologies.
- Manage external and internal collaborations with statistical thought leaders and statistical in other functions and divisions.
- Actively cooperate with global statistical community of GSK to develop, align and standardize data evaluation methods, methodologies and conventions. This especially includes cooperation with and data scientists and statisticians within GQC&PQ, TRD, MSAT and local statistical contacts. Manage and maintain relationship with GSK experts from other Business Units (e.g. Pharma).
- Upskill the organization on the application of data analytics and statistics by trainings for associates on the potential benefits and practical application of data evaluation tools and statistics. Train and coach less experienced associates in the group and the organization. Ensure full integration of data analytics
and statistics across functions into everyday work as appropriate. Ensure advanced data analytics and statistical concepts are routinely being applied within global and local Quality and GIO organization. This job opportunity is a permanent contract based in Belgium. We accept candidate who are willing to relocate in Belgium. Why you?
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, computer science, bioinformatics or related field or comparable experiences
- 7 years of work experience in applying statistics and/or programming within industry/university
- At least 2 years within pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Second language desirable (e.g. French, German, Italian).
- Strong programming skills with at least one statistical programming language, preferably R, SAS, Python.
- Ideally experience in the field of Bioinformatics
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- analytical mindset, advanced skills in data analysis, modeling and statistics
- ability to work as expert statistician/data analyst in agile international cross-functional cross-cultural teams. Ability to work autonomously and to guide less experienced personnel within and outside the statistical team are mandatory.
- Ability to adapt / accommodate / coordinate flexible work demands.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
GSKTechTalent Why GSK?
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.GSK Vaccines
- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .Our department: Vaccines Global Quality
is responsible for setting up all global rules and regulations to ensure GSK vaccine products are manufactured, tested, released and distributed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.