About the Role:
The Forensic Accounting & Advisory Services ("FAAS") practice is part of the wider Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment which also includes our Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Construction Disputes and Financial Services practices.
The FAAS practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of forensic accounting and investigation services to clients across the world. Our offerings include forensic accounting; fraud, bribery and corruption and regulatory investigations, asset tracing litigation support and financial crime compliance services.
The London office of the FAAS practice is looking for candidates with extensive and wide ranging professional experience to join the team which is consistently recognised as one of the market leaders why Chambers and Who's Who Legal.
Our Managing Directors ("MDs") are client-facing and work-generating forensic accountants who typically lead smaller matters and are the delivery lead on large matters. They are a key part of the management of a very successful growing practice that works across EMEA. They must be able to lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team as many of our engagements involve data analytics, e-discovery, business intelligence and forensic accounting. They will be involved in some of the largest and most high-profile engagements with a mixture of internal investigations, regulatory matters and litigation (usually fraud related), for clients in EMEA, typically large corporates and HNW individuals.
The role includes business development, leading pitches and generating own work from an established network of contacts in the UK and overseas as well as delivering high quality client work. What You'll Do:
Your primary responsibilities on a day to day basis will include:
- Supervising and managing the engagement which will involve interaction with client personnel, other team members from the FAAS team as well as colleagues in our data analytics, e-discovery and business intelligence practices and professionals from other firms involved in the engagements.
- Performing accounting and financial analysis and assisting clients with identifying and documenting complex investigative issues.
- Organising information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Performing industry and company research utilising online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Applying accounting, financial and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records and the application of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Maintaining detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Delivering high quality product within established timeframes.
- Preparing draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities.
- Apart from working successfully on new engagements, MDs in the FAAS practice will also be developing go-to-market strategies, working alongside the Senior Management and Business Development Teams to identify and secure potential opportunities. They will also take on roles to manage and grow the wider team.
#LI-JH1 How You'll Grow:
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities. Qualifications & Experience:
- Any degree discipline
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent international accountancy qualification
- 10 - 15 years of forensic and / or investigations experience
- Substantial experience of wide variety of case types including financial statement fraud, procurement fraud, asset tracing, money laundering, bribery/corruption, and internal controls reviews.
- Used to working as engagement lead of small matters, or delivery lead on large matters
- Substantial career experience within investigations
- Has a good understanding of risk and how to mitigate it
- Has developed/is developing a specialism within the forensic accounting sector
- Able to generate $1M of work annually from own client relationships
- Good network of contacts in major law firms and corporate clients
- Able to deal with a variety of case sizes from medium to very large multi-jurisdictional cases
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface and collaborate with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Can deal effectively at board level
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Able to prepare well-structured, concise and clear reports with limited input from second reviewer
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notice both nationally and internationally
- Experience in giving evidence would be highly valued
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 8% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.