Senior Director, International/Corporate (Full-time/Part-time) About Tax Advisory:
We provide business taxes advisory services to FTSE 100, international funds, and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialists. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and the team also includes valuations and technology experts and economists. About the Role:
The Corporate Finance Practice in FTI Consulting is seeking a Director / Senior Director to support the senior team in providing indirect tax input into transaction advisory and due diligence projects.
The tax team is involved in many transaction and due diligence projects which are generated from a variety of sources including the tax client base, part of wider projects with our Transaction Services and Restructuring teams, referrals from our international network, WTS Global and referrals from other international parts of the FTI firm. The role is to lead and/or support the indirect tax Managing Director on the indirect tax aspects of these projects, day to day liaison on the transaction process, identifying potential exposures and opportunities and drafting the indirect tax parts of reports.
You must have experience of advising on transactions and undertaking due diligences projects, be highly organised, have a good attention to detail and be able work to deadlines. Due to the large volume of real estate transactions that the FTI tax team are involved in, experience of VAT issues involving land and property will be an advantage. However, the transactions that we are involved in can cover any industry, so a good general knowledge of VAT will be essential.
You are likely to currently be part of a transaction services team at a Big 4 or equivalent, providing VAT support, but any candidate with the requisite transaction and VAT experience will be considered. What You'll Do
Basic Qualifications / Qualifications & Experience
- Leading or supporting the indirect tax Managing Director with indirect tax advice on transactions and due diligence exercises.
- Liaising with other members of the tax team and Transaction Services and Restructuring teams as required.
- Delegating work to and managing the junior members of the indirect tax team
- Managing compliance obligations for clients arising from transactions (e.g., VAT registration applications and option to tax notifications)
- Looking for opportunities to provide post-transaction advice and support to clients
- Assisting the senior team with other specific VAT engagements and advisory projects as required
- Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
- Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
- Substantial experience of VAT with a focus on transactions from either an in-house or practice role
- A good indirect tax technical knowledge (real estate experience would be an advantage but not critical)
- An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward and practical way to tax and non-tax specialists
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team and interact with colleagues of all grades
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and come to decisions independently whilst being supported by the senior team
- Demonstrable skills at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside the VAT and tax teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree (2.1) or equivalent
#LI-WG2Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.