About the Role
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance; risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Global Insurance practice within FTI is expanding across EMEA. The team is comprised of industry leaders with a combined experience of over 200 years from other leading management consultancies and insurance companies.
Our ambition to grow an insurance-focused general consulting and actuarial practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. We are looking to recruit market-leading experts in key areas of capital modelling, capital management, reserving, internal management reporting, reinsurance modelling, exposure modelling, actuarial governance, risk management, regulatory reporting, strategic consulting, regulatory advisory, and operational effectiveness.
This role is focused on people with a background in life insurance reserving, capital modelling, risk, cash flow projections and capital management in an insurance context. People who are technically capable in the areas of setting technical provisions, reviewing reserves, capital model calibration, cash flow modelling, demographic investigations, pricing, product design, capital optimisation, MI and analysis - whilst also able to lend these skills to commercially relevant challenges faced by the larger insurance firms in the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe. What You'll Do
- Deliver core consultancy projects - exceeding client expectations by demonstrating strong problem solving and application of technical knowledge to addressing project needs
- Own daily interactions with clients and prospective clients - seeking to maintain and develop trusted relationships in addition to delivering projects
- Work effectively with a diverse work force of colleagues, client-staff, and temporary resources
- Working with senior leaders, manage internal processes to develop the business area, client contacts, and marketing campaigns
- Participate in new business pursuits and insurance-specific initiatives and campaigns How You'll Grow
- This is an excellent opportunity for a nearly/newly qualified actuary with a proven delivery record, understanding of an insurer's challenges, and creative solutions to address these to experience a fast-growing dynamic practice.
- You will work in small project teams surrounded by deep industry knowledge, and deep consultancy experience and senior entrepreneurial consultants' toolkits.
- You will have the ability to learn from the rest of your team (juniors, peers, and seniors) and develop and test your own abilities and ideas in a supportive environment.
- You will be coached to help address your weaknesses, and to exploit your strengths Qualifications & Experience
Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
- 5 years' experience within the Insurance industry, preferably through consultant roles
- Nearly/newly qualified with a relevant professional qualification (e.g.: UK FIA). Consideration will be given to candidates without professional qualifications who have significant experience working in relevant fields
- Experience in interpreting and meeting regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of generic business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
- An appetite for learning and genuine desire for a career where creativity and ingenuity are valued and encouraged
- Self-starter, with enough confidence to lead your own connections with 'friendly' clients, and a willingness to engage with new clients.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
About FTI Consulting
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Free snacks and drinks
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.