At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.Role description:
Our Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK's most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK's utility services. As a Design Manager, you will join our team to work on a variety of projects with our Utilities' and other clients across the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the Framework Manager or a Technical Director, the successful candidate will provide dynamic leadership and co-ordination to varying size multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring that resources are deployed efficiently, and client expectations are met. The Design Manager will operate partly outside the project environment to support professional leadership, establishing and consolidating relationships with clients, managing the team, managing the technical delivery of projects or specialised components of projects, supporting the development of Arcadis capability on frameworks and or design and build joint ventures, and building and maintaining a professional reputation as an individual and for Arcadis. They will have a practical understanding of commercial and contract management, and experience of managing large projects/programmes of work. The role necessitates the ability to work effectively across organisational boundaries, both internally and externally to Arcadis, and offers a pathway towards senior management positions. Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proactively managing, at framework or design and build joint venture level, a large multi-disciplined project, or a programme of projects, taking overall responsibility for resource allocation, working with the Framework Manager, Project, or Technical Director to ensure the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Working with our clients and partners to allocate work and taking ownership for the delivery of Arcadis' programme of works
- Ensuring adequate resource for the delivery of the project or programme, strategically recruiting as necessary
- Building a profile with key clients and partner organisations and maintaining Arcadis' reputation for high quality, innovative design
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, company and client processes, plans and initiatives
- Manage teams and develop staff to meet changing technical and managerial needs.
- Manage quality processes. Plan, direct and control tasks, people, and resources.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Process Engineering or other directly related degree
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status and membership of a professional institution such as IMechE, IET, IChemE, MICE, or CIWEM
- Extensive experience of contract, commercial, project & programme management
- Extensive experience of working on large design and delivery frameworks and / or design and build projects using digital design.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with people from other partner organisations, backgrounds, and disciplines, utilising their knowledge and experience to best effect
- An excellent communicator who enables, promotes, and drives excellence for the ultimate benefit of the client
- Desired: Water and/or wastewater experience
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World