Job Description: Job Title: Senior Front Office Python Developer - XVA Technology Corporate title: Vice President Location: London Role Description:
- Developing new features and enhancements to XDM Python, spanning the full development lifecycle using Agile development methodologies
- Ensuring the design quality of the product remains exceptionally high, in terms of maintainability and extensibility, robustness and scalability.
- Adhering to (and contributing to extension of) established Agile development and QA processes, including automated unit and integration testing.
- Assisting in escalated production support calls, including resolving questions and issues from users and downstream systems across global locations and teams; these may be about functionality or may be technical in nature
- Working with developers and project managers to support testing and UAT phases of integration projects (running reports and reconciliations, investigating and tracking issues, reporting on progress etc.)
- This role would suit an exceptionally smart experienced Python developer who is looking to work on a high-profile application in a critical business area.
The XVA trading desk is part of the Counterparty Portfolio Management (CPM) line of business focused on managing counterparty credit risk (CVA) and funding risk (FVA) in the Bank's derivatives portfolio. The XVA Technology team supporting the trading desk are a close-knit and high-performing global agile development team where collaboration and communication is key.
The successful candidate will work primarily on data management projects to enhance the Bank's next generation Enterprise Counterparty Portfolio Management systems in Python, leveraging a strategic front-to-back cross-asset risk and trading platform used across Global Markets within the firm. This python platform (Quartz) features a high-performance, globally synchronized object database and a flexible scripting environment based on Python. The role involves Python development spanning the full development lifecycle using Agile development methodologies. This will mostly include delivering new functionality iteratively, assisting with testing and deployment of new releases, and providing 3rd level production support. The role involves working closely with Trading, Quant, Finance and Risk teams in London and New York, as well as business analysts and project managers in Technology. Core Skills:
- Experience of enterprise development in Python
- Experience of the full lifecycle of software development and delivery
- Agile development practices including unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring
- Ability to translate user requirements into working code
- Excellent problem solving / investigation abilities.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
Bank of America:
- Experience of development in Quartz Python or Athena or SecDB
- Financial markets experience
- Familiarity with some Excel VBA
- Ability to work closely with business groups including trading, finance, technology and market risk.
- Experience in CVA, FVA, KVA, Credit Risk Management and CSAs
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.