The job on offer
Reporting into the Problem Lead, the Problem Managers primary responsibility is management of the Problem Management process in scope of the Service Support ITIL processes. The goal of Problem Manager is to prevent, remove or minimize the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the business that is caused by errors within the IT Infrastructure
- Enables the effective operation of the Problem Management Process and oversees the Problem Management process delivery.
- Performs proactive and re-active investigations protecting client's business and initiates actions to improve or correct the situation, ensures that customer's business interests are maintained over and above those of any specific SDO, secures prioritization of problems from a business perspective.
- Assuring the analysis of the aggregate incident data to identify key trends.
- Ensures that cross -SDO problem investigations are conducted effectively securing end-to-end Service Level Agreement, acts as escalation point in scope of root cause analysis process.
- Produces high quality reports, coordinates associated management actions - shares root cause and known errors and other lessons learnt across the regions and with service providers as appropriate.
- Gets to the root cause of Incidents and recommends actions to improve or correct the situation.
- Facilitates the resolution of the complex problems and root cause analysis requiring the input of the multiple functions/SDO's.
- Manages or coordinates implementation of corrective actions, recording of residual business risk, communicates high quality updates to all stakeholders.
- Ensures high quality input into Known Error DB and KM systems.
- Ensures that active knowledge sharing exists between all engaged parties, ensures mandatory compliance with and ongoing maintenance of the Known Error database and promoting it across SDOs and Service Domains.
- Ensures that stakeholder resources are appropriately identified and coached.
- Reviews the efficiency & effectiveness of the Problem Management function and processes on a periodic basis.
- Reviews and updates operational Problem Management documentation.
- Creates and maintains a network of the Problem Management contacts within the SDO's and Service Domains.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Customers and Suppliers.
- Facilitates and lead operational and management-oriented meetings.
- Acts as champion for the Problem Management processes and collaborates with other Service Management services, various SDOs, stakeholders.
- Support of continuous service improvement is an pivotal element of the role;
- Is aware of the service performance and supports improvements implementation;
- Computer systems knowledge, integration, and architecture concepts.
- Understanding of cross systems interrelations in context of the global business process.
- Broad experience in IT, with emphasis on operational management.
- Good Management and communication skills, leadership of Problem Management meetings.
- Experience of working directly with business and service managers.
- Experience of managing virtual teams to deliver Problem Management process and working cross functionally.
- Service Management proven successful performance.
- Wide understanding of Service Management and clear commitment to Service Management Framework.
- ITIL certification (Blue Badge level - ITIL Practitioner/Intermediate);
- Experience in various Problem Management reactive and proactive techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts.
- Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources, mentoring skills.
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
- We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.