Operational Excellence Lead This is a Work from Home OR Hybrid role, Mon - Fri 8.45am - 5pm
The CoE (Centre of Expertise) organisations, part of GSBS, are a global service delivery platform delivering simple and scalable solutions to the business across cash flow, customer experience and commercial services.
As the CoE's continue to evolve, grow and strengthen their alignment in order to deliver performance globally, the Process Solution Team's objective is to support the delivery of operational excellence through improvement workstreams and projects using CI methodologies with a focus on technology, process improvement and global process standardisation, to accelerate and promote the delivery of our value proposition, while adapting to change and remaining relevant to our stakeholders and customer. Role
As part of a diversified team, the role of the CoE Operational Excellence Lead is as a "change champion", whose role is to challenge existing and established practices, identify opportunities to improve our systems / processes and lead or support, a variety of (sometimes multi-functional) projects within the GSBS CoE function.
This could include people / process / system changes / culture and performance to enable the achievement of our vision for operational excellence in support of Destination 2025. This is a hands-on role, providing expertise in terms of business processes and change methodology, in addition to driving and implementing improvement activities.
Scope of role includes determination, design and analysis of KPI data, in order to identify potential process inefficiencies, support pre-identified areas of improvement where the appropriate methodology can be employed and the initiation of approved work streams through to benefits realisation and BAU tracking.
It would be expected that the role holder would be managing multiple initiatives, where appropriate.
The role will require cross-functional working; including interaction with subject matter experts, line managers, and other project managers, as well as interaction with more senior stakeholders such as business owners, team managers and functional VP's / Heads, under the guidance of the Process Solution Manager.
The role will require analytical thinking and planning, in order to evaluate issues, manage plans and solve problems as projects progress, with a focus on the needs of internal or external customers. Essential:
- Experience of designing / implementing new or improved processes
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex change projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - excellent written skills (English)
- Experience or/and strong interest in automation/ UiPath/ Citizen knowledge
- Confident to influence and challenge at a variety of levels
- Analytical & numerate - able to communicate analysis and conclusions from factual data
- Curious by nature, with the ability to grasp new concepts and processes quickly and effectively through insightful questioning
- Ability to lead, influence, engage and collaborate effectively
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and plan / deliver to challenging timelines
- Deliver high quality professional output to peers and senior leadership
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues throughout CoE and wider business functions, effectively managing the challenges of geography and time zones
- Positive, flexible approach and demonstrable emotional intelligence
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of change management and stakeholder management
- Excellent MS Office suite knowledge and experience
- Ability to work in a modern flexible environment, adapting and promoting new ways of working
- Exhibit role model behaviours/Advocate CI/ Part of CI Community
- Experience in enterprise wide thinking approach
What we offer
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Project management knowledge and experience (including project lifecycle models)
- Continuous Improvement - Lean Six Sigma qualification (Green or Black Belt preferable)
- Operational Excellence Tools and methodologies
- Experience in leading others (direct or indirect)
- Change management qualification or equivalent
- Broad understanding of the Electrocomponents business.
- Good understanding of Shared Services and CoE concepts
- Strong process understanding / subject matter expertise
You can take control of your future here at RS Components:
- Private medical cover for those unexpected moments
- 24 days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Annual bonus to pay for those extra holidays!
- Generous, market-leading pension; it's never too early to start planning for your future
- Training and development opportunities
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.