Overview Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Responsibilities:
- Performs entry level audits/model audits under moderate supervision.
- Begins to learn and understand Internal Audit, or Model Risk Management policies, methodologies, and standards.
- May be required to possess specialist skills if, for example, the Auditor is being hired for Technology, Professional Practices, or has a targeted role such as quantitative analysis for a Model Auditor or programming.
- Tests financial, operational, and other processes as per Audit procedures typically working on projects of low to moderate risk that would involve entry level learning (e.g., regulatory regime, business model, processes) on new assignments.
- Begins to learn business strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
- Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
- Works to gain trust and confidence as internal resource capable of creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations.
- Establishes a foundational understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and how these concepts are applied to audit processes.
- Engages in the exchange of information and develops communication skills and relationships with the Audit Project Leader, other Audit associates, and clients while learning the business and testing controls.
- Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Learns how best to communicate difficult concepts to others.
- Applies judgement based on the analysis of information which is used as inputs for others to solve complex issues and identify innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- 0-3 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.