SEN Teaching Assistant - Birmingham - Full Time - Permanent - South Birmingham
Are you an experienced working with children or adults with special educational needs and looking for your next position?
If so, keep reading!
Teaching Personnel are seeking enthusiastic Teaching Assistant on a permanent basis to work at one of our SEN schools in south Birmingham. This is a full time role, permanent and starting in September.
This role is located in south Birmingham at a friendly SEN school that caters for primary, secondary and post 16 students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs and/or autism. The school understands the importance of supporting student's well-being alongside their education, and successful candidates will similarly be invested in student's development in every area of life and schooling.
Applicants are encouraged to apply if they come from a teaching background, psychology, and sport graduates or those who have worked in a support or youth worker role... we would love to hear from you!
- Full time position 8:30am-15:30pm
- Support SEN pupils on a 1:1 basis in the classroom
- Develop children's academic and social skills whilst encouraging growth in their emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Liaise with the SENCO/Inclusion manager to deliver relevant support to pupils
- Carry out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- May involve some personal care
- Permanent contract
The ideal candidate
- Have experience working with SEN or SEMH
- A keen interest in the well-being of SEN children
- Confident and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to promote positive interaction with pupils
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification - Degree or Teaching Assistant Qualification however, it is not essential.
- Will have the right to work in the UK and have a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
Who are teaching Personnel?
- The UK's leading Educational specialists with over 23 years' experience in the field with your own specialist consultant committed to providing you the best experience possible
- Competitive weekly pay paid directly paid through PAYE
- Flexible work to fit around your schedule
- Access to our online CPD Academy which allows you to gain qualifications and support to aid your personal and professional development
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (£50 per person)
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear about our other vacancies, register your details with us now and send through your CV and we will be in touch very soon.