Adecco are currently recruiting for a Repair Technician on behalf of our client, a prestigious global leader in manufacturing and technologies, to join their health-care and medical technologies company. The key element of this role is to deliver World Class diagnostic and repair services for new and existing products underpinning our Zero-Defect Quality Culture.THE ROLE
As part of Manufacturing Engineering's fast paced and dynamic environment, your primary focus is on the factory, providing excellent and timely diagnosis of product failure modes, allowing root cause actions to be undertaken helping to drive on-going productivity improvements for the business. You will support and inspire the manufacturing teams that deliver outstanding products for our customers. Details:
As a Repair Technician you will be responsible for diagnosis and repair of electronic PCB and Module defects in accordance with internal procedures and IPC A610 standards.
Follow up root cause investigations working with R&D, Quality and Manufacturing to prevent further re-occurrence and improve the factories' productivity.
The role requires you to work shifts alternating 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri on a weekly basis. You will be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime providing diagnostic and repair cover at the weekends to ensure we deliver on time to our customers. As a responsible repair team member, you will be providing professional and technical support to fellow peers and other manufacturing personnel.REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum BTEC Level 3 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Soldering, De-soldering equipment and BGA rework equipment.
- Good knowledge of SMT processes, PCB ICT and FCT principles and practices.
- Experience of diagnosis and fault finding on electronic assemblies down to component level.
- Knowledge of PCB software and or FCT Boundary Scan theory would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise workload as per factory requirements to deliver our customer orders on time.
- Overtime and weekend working will be required as per business demand.
- Competent using PC software and Microsoft packages including Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Self-driven and motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Must be able to manage demands simultaneously and prioritise work to meet production requirements.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A friendly, approachable individual, with good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Calm, logical, methodical approach to problem solving.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy