Network Project Engineer - Mid levelOutside IR35Hybrid working (2 days in office, located close to Leeds)
One of the most successful and rapidly expanding mid-tier IT Service Providers in the UK are seeking a Network Project Engineer on a contract basis. They are one of the most highly decorated IT Service Providers in the country.
The work will involve the delivery of network connectivity projects to customers across a UK wide MPLS network and vCloud environment. The role required an element of technical design and an understanding of wide area networks, (particularly MPLS and Internet technologies).
It is expected that this role will allow you to further your knowledge and further up-skill extremely quickly due to the very wide range of complex infrastructure environments you will encounter.
In addition, you will be working with some of the most competent engineers, consultants and architects in the country.What you'll need:
£350-450 p/d, depending on experience.Urgent requirement. Immediate start preferred.Initial Duration: 3 months
- Technical experience in a network project implementation role
- Relevant Cisco qualifications; minimum CCNA (or equivalent experience)
- Full understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack with experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience working with MPLS, including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
- Experience in the troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco network equipment
- Excellent communications / customer service skills and experience liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
- Comfortable working independently on projects and support issues
- Ideally, you will have experience within a Managed Services/Consultancy environment
- While not a requirement, experience configuring / troubleshooting Cisco Firewalls would be of benefit.