The Technical Support role resolves incidents, problems and user queries associated with live IT systems. Being the main contact for the Service Desk, you will investigate any issues reported and record all your activity to resolve issues on the Service Desk system. In addition to this, you will setup new equipment for new starters, administer the asset register; perform daily checks and other duties to ensure the smooth running of the department.The role and responsibilities of a Technical Support:
Skills and experience required to be a successful Technical Support:
- Proactive management of all Service Desk Requests (SDRs) ensuring all activity is recorded on the system and communication with end users is of a high quality.
- Completing daily checks in accordance with local operating procedures.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers with support and change requests as applicable.
- Monitoring for non-compliance of security processes.
- Active Directory configurations.
- Documentation (creation and maintenance) of operating procedures in the QMS.
- Ensuring backups are managed in line with policy.
- Ensuring patch levels on systems are maintained.
- Ensuring compliance with any license rules determined by suppliers.
- Ensuring the integrity of solutions is maintained by adhering to configuration management rules and processes.
- Keeping asset registers and other records of live infrastructure up to date.
- Active directory
- Antivirus software
- Backup software
- Microsoft Windows
- Office 365
- Microsoft Windows server
- Bitlocker and Symantec Endpoint
Our Technical Support can enjoy the following employee benefits:
- Microsoft Azure
- MS-SQL would be an advantage
- Twilio Telephony
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Company pension
- Health cash plan
- Home working opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- A generous holiday entitlement which increases with service and the option to purchase additional days
- Many other cultural and lifestyle benefits
AdviserPlus is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the company's Equal Opportunities Policy.
AdviserPlus is a Disability Confident Leader employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. If disabled applicants meet the minimum criteria for the job, they can request and will be offered a guaranteed interview. Should applicants require reasonable adjustment support for the interview, please contact the Resourcing Team.