Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
The International Study Centre in Huddersfield needs an experienced and accomplished Student Experience Support Officer, focusing on progression & enhancement. The post holder will undertake a variety of tasks including student records, managing, and coordinating student attendance, student administration support and providing support to the academic and SMT where necessary.
This is a fast-paced environment, and the successful applicant will have proven customer service skills and previous experience working with international students, and possess excellent IT, communication, and organisational skills. The post holder will be working in an open-plan office, so it is important they enjoy working as part of a team.
The working pattern is Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of student induction, including inductions packs/ welcome letters and student handbook.
- To assist and be involved in the planning and delivery of student induction and progression weeks at the various intakes.
- To work with the Student Experience Coordinator to ensure Police registration records are up to date for all our students, ensuring we have the relevant data on file and recorded on Study Group databases.
- Creation of both electronic and paper-based student files.
- Ensure student details are kept up to date on central databases - contact details, visa and passport information, sponsorship details etc.
- Assist with the Student Experience Coordinator with coordination of student finance, including oversight of overall student debt, collection of termly fees, reporting on student finance issues to the Head of Student Experience.
- To deal with general student enquiries
- To foster productive relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Student Experience Coordinator in monitoring student attendance daily.
- Keep student attendance database up to date weekly in keeping with Centre and UKVI requirements
- Experience of working in HE/FE environment (Desirable)
- Evidence of working with international students (Desirable)
- Knowledge of working across a variety of complex IT systems.
- Detailed evidence of coordination and organisational skills
- Evidence of effective communication with a wide range of people to successfully achieve an outcome
- Good timekeeping and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and targets and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults (Desirable)
- Ability to challenge processes to improve the end goal (Desirable)
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.ORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please note we run a rolling recruitment process, apply early to avoid disappointment!