About the JobWest Sussex County Council are recruiting for an eLearning Design and Development Officer to join our internal Learning and Development team. This is a hybrid working role. Salary:
£30,095 to £32,798 per annum.Working Pattern:
Full-time, 37 hours per week. Flexible working.Contract Length:
Chichester, hybrid working.Interview Date:
Week commencing 06/06/22
We are looking for a creative individual to design and develop a range of engaging and interactive digital learning solutions. You'll be developing eLearning modules, videos, animations, and infographics making the best use of technologies that engage, inspire and challenge learners.
You'll be working on a number of projects at one time, working to design, develop, implement and evaluate in line with the project specification, internal quality standards and industry standard instructional design methodologies.
You'll use your knowledge of instructional design learning methodologies and creative design principles and techniques when developing learning solutions and you'll provide advice and guidance to stakeholders to support them in developing comprehensive storyboards.Experience and SkillsKey Skills:
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Excellent creative, design and written skills.
- Able to use initiative to organise own and other's work using problem solving skills to respond to unanticipated problems, organise or prioritise a variety of complex tasks and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and concentrate for prolonged periods of time with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to create and maintain effective working relationships.
Rewards and Benefits
- Demonstrable experience in authoring digital content using specialist content authoring tools such as Articulate 360 Storyline and Rise suite.
- Relevant Degree, equivalent qualification or Apprenticeship in Digital Learning Design or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of e-learning instructional design principles and methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide and varied range of IT applications & tools.
- Experience of working in an L&D environment.
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme, 6.5% employer contribution.
- Flexible working.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A strong supportive management team.
- Up to 13 flexi days a year.
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, Asos, B&Q and many more).
- Free access to employee assistance programmes.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- Car benefit scheme.
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, go to our Rewards and Benefits page.Further Information
The reference number for this role is CRS00590
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application form explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!