The role requires an individual to work in the Operations department. The assistant manager will ensure that logistic criteria for up coming tours are seen to. The individual must be able to liaise with management, employees and suppliers on a day to day basis to ensure that service requirements are met to the best standard.
List of duties will include:
- communicating reservations to appropriate suppliers.
- preparing hotel and coach lists which suppliers will use to confirm reservations
- assisting in preparing contracts with suppliers which outline arrangements through out the year
- establish trade links and networking
- liaising with management regarding invoicing and supplier payments
- liaising with employees the specific booking parameters of availability
- liaising with employees the specific instructions required to ensure that the service is carried out accurately and efficiently
- liaising with tour directors the specific instructions which they will require to ensure the tours which they conduct are efficiently
- liaising with suppliers and ground operators to the ensure the efficiency and standard of the products
During these day to day activities, the following experience, qualification level, skills and attributes will be required:
- minimum two year's experience within the travel industry ideally within European sector or coach tours.
- Fluency in Hindi or another Indian Lang.
- graduate degree/ post graduate degree
- experience within European tourist destinations
- ability to travel abroad freely
- flexibility of hours
- to be on a rota for taking out of hours calls in evenings and weekends